I remember my MacBook charger just melting for unknown reason. I searched for similar cases and found out that other MacBook users also had their chargers burned but also replaced by Apple. So an iPhone charger burning doesn’t surprise me at all.
But still, it’s frustrating to know that a company like Apple could do such flaw. A PowerBook exploding is bad enough and now this unfortunate incident experienced by Tim Colbourne, an Italian blogger.
Tim was charging his iPhone 3G and caught fire after three hours. I think that at some point, he’s to blame because he left the charger plugged that long. iPhone 3G chargers are fast-charging so an hour is enough to fully charge the phone. Sure, a charger shouldn’t be exploding but anyone must not leave his or her charger beyond the usual time.
On the other hand, Apple must look into this situation. I am certain that isn’t an isolated case in the world because I know how Apple products can heat up, the iPhone 3G charger included. Now, I’d like to hear what Steve Jobs will say about this? Hmmm…how is he anyway?