At the Mobile World Congress, Adobe proudly announced it’s Photoshop version for the iPad. Officially called as the Adobe Photoshop Touch, this new iPad app brings the same Photoshop experience to the Apple tablet but with only the use of touch.
The Photoshop app allows the iPad user to do many changes to an image: combine them, apply professional effects, and share on social networks. Features are limited so don’t’ expect to do major editing on this iPad app but it can do many things such as:
- layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters
- fill an area on a layer with the unique camera fill feature using the iPad’s camera
- Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool
- Refine Edge allows the use of fingertip to capture hard-to-select image elements like hair easily
- Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search
- Share images on Facebook and view comments
- Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you’d like to achieve
- Use AirPrint for wireless printing of Photoshop Touch projects
- Upload projects to Adobe Creative Cloud and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop CS5
The downside is that image pixel size is limited to 1600×1600 maximum only.